I love this recipe. I am not one to eat lots of sugar but this is just so tempting I can’t resist. This pudding is not overly rich so you can eat lots of it without feeling sick. I don’t know if being able to eat heaps of pudding is good for my health but it sure does make me happy. If you want to make it richer just add more coco.
- 60g Butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup castor sugar
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon cocoa, extra
- 2 cups boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 180C/160C fanforced. Combine butter and milk in large pan; stir over heat until butter is melted.
2. Remove from heat; stir in essence and castor sugar, then sifted flour and cocoa.
3. Spread mixture into greased ovenproof dish (6 cup capacity).
4. Sift brown sugar and extra cocoa over mixture; gently pour boiling water over.
5. Bake in oven about 40 mins.
As you can see we added ice cream to our pudding. It also tastes good with cream or custard, or you can just eat it on its own.
Hope you enjoy.